Claiming from CBHS is simple, fast and convenient. Click on the following links to find the information you need!
Online claiming – save time…claim online
Claim online for a range of extras services in five easy steps via the CBHS Member Service Centre.
- Enter the Provider Number and select Service Type
- Confirm your benefit payment details
- Enter your claim
- Submit your claim
- Send your receipts
Receive your benefits within 1-2 Business Days rather than 5 days if submitted manually. Find out more about online claiming
On the spot claiming
Some service providers have HICAPS or iSOFT facilities allowing you to swipe your CBHS membership card at the time of service, have your claim automatically processed and benefit paid. Meaning you may only have to pay the difference. And if you see one of our Choice Network providers (dental and optical) – you could have no out of pocket expenses.
Fill out a claim form and send it to us for processing
Once received by CBHS; your claim will be processed and payment of the benefit made either as a deposit to your nominated bank account (if you have already paid for the service), or as a cheque made out to your health service provider which is then posted to you. Full details of the payment will also be emailed or mailed to you.
Extras Claims Receipts & Other Requirements
- All accounts/receipts should include the full name, address and telephone details of the person providing the service/treatment/goods, a description of the service/treatment/goods, cost, date and the full name of the person receiving the service/treatment/goods.
- If receipts or accounts contain insufficient information, they may be returned to you for the provision of such information.
- Optical claims must be accompanied by the prescription from the optometrist; photocopies are accepted.
- Artificial Aids and Health Care Appliances claims must be accompanied by a doctor’s referral and is valid for 3 years.
- Claims under the Pharmaceutical entitlement for contraceptives prescribed for non-contraceptive purposes must be accompanied by a doctor’s referral and remains valid for 1 year.
- Health Management services i.e. gym membership, personal training, yoga or pilates require completion of a Health Management Authorisation Form.
- Hospital – Hospitals will bill CBHS directly, excluding any excess you may have to pay.
See our guide to hospitalisation to find out what you need to know before going to hospital.
If you have been an admitted patient there are many ways to make a claim for medical benefits. The following information may assist in knowing which way is the right way for you.
- Access Gap Cover- If your doctor participates under an access gap cover arrangement, they may bill CBHS directly. Click for more information on Access Gap Cover
- Medicare – if your doctor or specialist bills you directly and does not participate in Access Gap, you must submit your claims to Medicare first. Complete a Medicare two way form in order for Medicare to forward your claim to CBHS for the remaining benefit.
general claiming information
Payment of Benefits
All benefits are calculated and paid in accordance with the CBHS Health Benefit Fund Rules and are confirmed with a Benefit Remittance.
Original accounts and receipts will not be returned unless requested in writing at time of claiming and accompanied with a stamped, self addressed envelope. A $20 search fee will apply if you require retrieval of documents stored by CBHS.
Time Limits on Claims
Claims must be made within 24 months of the date the service or treatment was provided or the order date of good for a benefit to be paid.
where to send
Complete your claim form, attach the receipt(s)/account(s), and send to us by one of the following methods:
|CBA 2395 001
CBHS Health Fund Limited
Level 5, 79 George Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
||CBHS Health Fund Limited
Locked Bag 5014
Parramatta NSW 2124
||Paper Claims -
eClaims - e
||02 9843 7676