Our member-owned health fund is for current and former CBA Group staff, their families and contractors – find out now if you’re eligible to join the CBHS family!
CBHS Health Fund
Questions? Call Us Now:
1300 654 123
You can find specialists participating in Access Gap Cover with CBHS through Healthshare. Find more on Access Gap Cover here.
This search facility is designed to inform you of doctors who have previously participated or have indicated their intention to participate in Access Gap Cover, as well as those who have agreed to alternative no gap arrangements. Patients are advised to be guided by the referral process initiated by their own doctor. Where you have been referred to a doctor and that doctor's name does not appear on this search facility, you should check with your doctor as to whether they would use Access Gap Cover for you.
The inclusion or exclusion of doctors within this search facility bears no relationship to their skill or experience. The autonomous relationship between you and your doctor will not be affected in any way. Australian Health Service Alliance does not recommend or endorse any doctors.
Doctors' details contained in this search facility are supplied to assist you in making an informed decision when being referred to, or receiving treatment from a doctor as an in-patient in an approved hospital or day hospital facility. Information is current as at Tuesday, 17 October 2017.
Medical services provided to private hospital in-patients are charged separately from hospital accommodation/theatre fee charges. Medicare pays 75% of the Medicare Schedule Fee, while your health fund pays the remaining 25%.
Some doctors charge an amount above the Medicare Schedule Fee. These costs are referred to as ‘out-of-pocket expenses’. Now through the Access Gap Cover payment and billing scheme, out-of-pocket expenses can be reduced and, in some cases, wiped out entirely.
When a doctor treats a patient under the AGC scheme, they will generally process the claim on the member’s behalf. This includes taking care of the applicable Medicare benefits. As a member, you will be able to receive an estimate of the medical fees BEFORE receiving any treatment. You should always ask for a written estimate.
Read on - Access Gap Cover: What You Need To Know
CBHS’s claims support service is just one of the areas in which we deliver exceptional member care. If you have any questions about online claiming or submitting claims, contact us directly on 1300 654 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org