At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
In collaboration with Ramsay Health Care, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new pilot: The Ramsay Integrated Cancer Care Program. This program is designed to support you through your cancer journey both during and after treatment.
THE CANCER CARE NAVIGATOR
The program includes a dedicated Cancer Care Navigator who will be in regular contact with you, helping you to build a support plan and keeping it on track throughout your treatment and recovery. Research shows that the services of a Cancer Care Navigator, allied health professionals and health coaching team are effective in supporting the quality of life, wellbeing and recovery of people with cancer during and after their treatment.
Outcomes for the program will depend on individual circumstances and rely on your commitment to partnering with the multi-disciplinary care team. Through support services such as nutrition advice, exercise, health coaching, psychological support, medicine management following treatment, and coordination with your family, we believe the program may provide many benefits including:
- Assessment and exercises to support muscle strength and control
- Exercises to support your cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Help to manage your stress and unknowns associated with treatment
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Improved overall body circulation
- Support and answers to questions from your family
- Help to manage body fatigue during treatment
- Reduced pain and swelling associated with treatment
- Closer interface between you and your medical team.
To find out more about the Ramsay Integrated Cancer Care Program: