At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
CBHS premium relief assistance for WA members: Cyclone Seroja
We recognise the importance of maintaining the health and wellbeing of members during the difficult times. That’s why CBHS is committed to supporting our members who have been adversely impacted by Cyclone Seroja, which has ravaged large areas of Western Australia this week.
We’re supporting members via our CBHS Premium Relief Program
If you have been directly and adversely affected by Cyclone Seroja, you may be eligible for support from CBHS under our Premium Relief Program. If eligible, we can provide three months’ premium relief.
To be eligible, you must have held Hospital cover or combined Hospital and Extras cover with CBHS for a continuous 12-month period prior to 12 April 2021 and have been directly and adversely affected by Cyclone Seroja. You must also be eligible to receive Federal or State Government assistance for cyclone damage and provide a copy of your approval to be considered for premium relief.
Applications for the CBHS Premium Relief Program close on 30 July 2021 (terms and conditions apply). Alternatively, you can choose to suspend your policy for up to two years due to financial hardship. Standard terms and conditions apply under our Health Benefit Fund Rules.
To apply for the CBHS Premium Relief Program, temporary suspension of your policy, or to find out more information, please send an email to email@example.com with:
- Your full name and CBHS membership number
- Your residential address
- A copy of your Federal or State Government cyclone assistance approval
Extra mental health and wellbeing support
We understand that natural disasters can bring up a range of emotions. If you feel like you need a little extra mental health care and support during these times, all CBHS members have access to the CBHS Wellbeing Line on 1300 977 081 between 9am - 6pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday. We can help you identify your health requirements − mental and physical − and provide you with access to extra support and resources.
Terms and conditions:
- Applications for the contribution relief program will be available from 12 April 2021 until 30 July 2021 (end date may be subject to change)
- Eligible members will receive up to three months premium relief from the date their application is approved.
- Eligible members can choose to suspend their policy for up to two years based on financial hardship (suspension terms and conditions will apply). A suspension of membership for a period of two years will not count towards a member’s ‘Days of Absence’ for the purposes of Lifetime Health Cover calculations.
- Members must have held Hospital, Hospital and Extras or Package cover with CBHS for a continuous twelve-month period and be financial as at 12 April 2021.
- This offer is only open to members who have received the Federal or State Government assistance for cyclone damage and can provided a copy of the approval letter from the Government and are still residing in a cyclone affected area.
- No rebate would be claimable during this contribution relief period.
- This program is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras cover:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers