At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
Keeping it simple
To help make tax time easier, we’re sending your 2022-2023 tax information directly to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Your details will be automatically uploaded and pre-filled in the myTax portal and can be accessed by your accountant.
Need a copy of your tax statement?
If your health fund details aren't populating, or you lodge your tax return on paper, you can get access to your tax statement in your Member Centre inbox under 'Communications'.
Understanding your tax statement
We want to help make tax time as stress-free as possible. That's why we've put together a quick guide that helps explain how to input the private health fund information into your tax return if you need to add it manually.
We answer the most common questions people ask about health insurance at tax time.
- We send your tax information directly to the ATO, so you do not need to do anything. Your details will automatically get uploaded and will be pre-populated when you access the myTax portal or visit your accountant.
- If your CBHS health fund details aren't populating, or you lodge your tax return on paper, a copy of your tax statement is also available in your Member Centre inbox under 'Communications'.
Your tax statement shows:
- Your share (for taxation purposes) of the total health insurance premiums you paid to CBHS between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2023 that are eligible for the Australian Government Rebate on private health insurance
- The amount (if any) of Australian Government Rebate you received
- The number of days you held private Hospital cover with CBHS during the financial year (if this is less than 365, you may need to pay the Medicare Levy Surcharge calculated only on the days you missed).
- The ATO will receive the information on two tax statements, one for each membership.
- The figures on your tax statement cover health insurance premiums we received during the financial year. For further assistance, you can access our guide here, or call us on 1300 654 123.
- Please note that all payments made up to midnight on 30 June 2023 will be included on this year’s tax statement.
- A copy of your tax statement will be available in your Member Centre inbox by 14 July 2023 (Communications > Tax statements)
- If you are experiencing difficulty trying to access your tax statement online, you can request a paper copy or a digital version by calling 1300 654 123 or email email@example.com.
- Our health fund ID is 'CBH'.
- You can print a financial year claims history from your Member Centre, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 1300 654 123. It will also be uploaded to your correspondence history in the Member Centre via the website.
The Medicare Levy Surcharge (MLS) is levied on payers of Australian tax who do not have private hospital cover and who earn above a certain income. The surcharge aims to encourage individuals to take out private hospital cover, and where possible, to use the private system to reduce the demand on the public Medicare system. For details regarding the Medicare Levy Surcharge, please visit the Australian Tax Office website.
- Yes. Log into your Member Centre via the website and select the ‘Payment’ tab to manage payments. You must make the payment before midnight 30 June 2023. Alternatively, you can contact our Member Care team on 1300 654 123 or email@example.com. We’re available Monday – Friday from 8am to 7pm (AET).
- You can access your PHIS via the Member Centre inbox. Your PHIS gets released when we communicate our premium review annually during March.