At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
Dosa-licious: A South Indian veggie delight
Start your day (or finish it) with a South Indian protein hit! Feel free to mix it up by adding different vegetables or spices of your choosing.
241 calories | 10g vegetarian protein | 2 serves of vegies | 8.5g fibre (per serve) | Prep time: 4 hours or overnight | Cooked in under 15 minutes | Serves 8
- 1 cup quinoa
- ¾ cup red lentils
- ¼ cup yellow split peas
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Cooking oil/ghee as needed
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup corn
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 chili
Coriander leaves to garnish
Why is it good for you?
A serve of this tasty pancake will help you to reach your five serves of veggies a day. This high fibre, high protein, low calorie recipe makes a great breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. Fibre and protein both help to keep you full and satisfied, making this a perfect meal for weight loss and weight management.
- 1. Wash and soak quinoa, lentils, split peas together for four hours or overnight.
- 2. Rinse and put soaked ingredients into a blender. Add salt and water.
- 3. Pour ½ cup of batter into a medium-sized, lightly-greased fry pan
- 4. Cook on one side, turn over and sprinkle on vegetable mix. Cook until brown.
- 5. Garnish with coriander
All information contained in this article is intended for general information purposes only. The information provided should not be relied upon as medical advice and does not supersede or replace a consultation with a suitably qualified healthcare professional
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras cover:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers