At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
Salmon ‘n’ spuds
This delicious low-calorie dinner is quick and easy to prepare, nutritious and delicious. It’s high in protein to keep you full and satisfied, has a high non-dairy source of calcium for strong bones and contains over one third of your daily fibre intake.
Salmon is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and B12, which help to contribute to healthy brain function, and vegetables are an excellence source of complex carbohydrates for slow energy release.
The recipe is designed for two people. Double the ingredients for a family-sized portion and use a large baking tray or split the ingredients equally between two trays.
- 2 small pieces of salmon (300gms)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 4 baby potatoes, cut in quarters
- ½ small sweet potato, cut in 2cm pieces
- ½ cup green beans
- 1 small broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon almonds, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Squeeze ½ lemon on the salmon, sprinkle with paprika and set aside.
- Place chopped potato and sweet potato in baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place all other vegetables and almonds in a bowl, use the rest of the olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary and add to the potatoes when done. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add salmon to the vegetables and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and serve.
All information contained in this article is intended for general information purposes only. The information provided should not be relied upon as medical advice and does not supersede or replace a consultation with a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras cover:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers