At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
Support for members affected by VIC/TAS/NSW flooding
Heavy rainfalls have led to widespread flooding in the New South Wales Victoria and Tasmania regions. Sadly, people have lost their lives while many are experiencing destruction to land and property. CBHS is committed to supporting members who have been impacted by flooding in these regions during October 2022.
Our CBHS Premium Relief Program is now in place to support members
If you have been directly and adversely affected by these recent flooding events, you may be eligible for support from CBHS under our Premium Relief Program. If you’re eligible, we can provide three months’ premium relief.
To be eligible, you must have held Hospital cover or combined Hospital and Extras cover with CBHS for a continuous 12-month period, be financially up to date at the time of application and have been directly and adversely affected by the recent flooding events. You must also be eligible to receive Federal or State Government Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements for severe weather and flooding and provide a copy of your approval to be considered for premium relief.
Applications for the CBHS Premium Relief Program close on 30 December 2022 (terms and conditions apply). Alternatively, you can choose to suspend your policy for up to two years due to financial hardship. Standard terms and conditions apply under our Health Benefit Fund Rules.
To apply for the CBHS Premium Relief Program, temporary suspension of your policy, or to find out more, please get in touch at email@example.com with:
- your full name and CBHS membership number
- your residential address
- a copy of your Federal or State Government Disaster Recovery Funding approval
Extra mental health and wellbeing support
As much as we’ve grown our strength and resilience over the past few years, natural disasters can bring up a range of emotions. If you feel like you need a little extra mental health care and support during these times, all CBHS members have access to the CBHS Wellbeing Line on 1300 977 081 between 9am - 6pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday. We can help you identify your mental and physical health needs and provide you with access to extra support and resources.
Alternatively, these crisis centres are available 24/7:
- Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
As always, our members are at the heart of everything we do. We hope that this practical support program can help ease some of the burden for our impacted members, as they rebuild and recover from this weather event.
Terms and conditions for CBHS Premium Relief Program:
- Applications for the Premium Relief Program will be available from 14 October 2022 until 30 December 2022 (end date may be subject to change).
- Eligible members will receive up to three months’ premium relief from the date their application is approved.
- Eligible members can choose to suspend their policy for up to two years based on financial hardship (suspension terms and conditions will apply). A suspension of membership for a period of two years will not count towards a member’s ‘Days of Absence’ for the purposes of Lifetime Health Cover calculations.
- Members must have held Hospital, Hospital and Extras or packaged cover with CBHS for a continuous 12-month period and have been financial at the time of application for the program.
- This program is only open to members who have received the Federal or State Government assistance for flood damage. Members will need to provide a copy of the approval letter.
- Any member who has received any form of relief program in the six months prior to application is not eligible for this offer.
- The program is limited to one relief period per membership only.
- Private health insurance rebate is not claimable during this contribution relief period.
- This program is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- CBHS Corporate and CBHS International members are not eligible for this program.
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras cover:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers