Support from CBHS for volunteer firefighters
Our members are at the heart of everything we do.
Today we are extending our emergency relief program – set up to help members affected by bushfires - to any members who are also volunteer firefighters.
We recognise that volunteer firefighters are making huge personal sacrifices on behalf of the wider community during this unprecedented bush fire crisis, and we want to add our support.
Members who have held Hospital or Hospital and Extras cover for 12 months or more, and who work as volunteer firefighters between November 2019 and February 2020, can apply for one month’s relief from contributions. Terms and conditions apply.
The Federal Government’s compensation scheme for volunteer firefighters has been extended to cover NSW, the ACT, Tasmania, South Australia and Queensland. All State and Territory governments are invited to apply.
We send our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to any members who are volunteering their time to help keep communities safe during this prolonged bush fire crisis.
For assistance with this emergency relief program, please call us on 1300 654 123 and have your membership details handy if possible.
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers