At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
Toasted pine nut hummus and kale chips
Nutritional content per serve
Energy: 231 calories | Protein: 8g | Total fat: 14g | Carbohydrate: 20g | Sugar: 3g | Fibre: 6g | Yields: 6 | Total time: 10 minutes
*Approx. values from Xyris Foodworks software per serve
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp aquafaba*
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
Pine Nut Topping
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius. With a knife or clean hands remove kale leaves from thick stem and tear into bite-sized pieces, wash thoroughly and dry.
- Drizzle the kale with olive oil, toss and combine. Spread an even layer on baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy.
- Place all of the ingredients into your food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate to chill.
- Place pine nuts into a dry pan over medium-low heat. Cook until golden brown and toasted, stirring frequently. Transfer the pine nuts to a small bowl.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the olive oil to the skillet. Cook the garlic in the skillet for 1 minute
- Add the garlic and the oil from the pan to the pine nuts and stir in the dried oregano and paprika
- Top the hummus with the pine nut topping and serve with toasted bread, crackers, or vegetables for dipping.
*Aquafaba is the liquid of the canned chickpeas. This can be added into the hummus if the consistency is too thick. Start with two tablespoons of aquafaba and if it’s still too thick add one more tablespoon until desired consistency.
All information contained in this article has been prepared by CBHS health professionals and is intended for general information purposes only. The information provided should not be relied upon as medical advice and does not supersede or replace a consultation with a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras cover:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers