Wellbeing and Fitness
Our pledge is to provide exceptional member care, which is why we offer a range of health and lifestyle services. This is your fund, run for your benefit, and we want to support you in your efforts to stay as well and as healthy as you can be.
Our health and wellbeing tools and services are designed to suit all ages and lifestyles. If you are eligible, there is no extra charge for using these services.
Better Living programs
We recognise that chronic disease can have a significant impact on your quality of life.. We help by offering health coaching programs. If you have a chronic disease, or if you’re at risk of developing a chronic disease, our Better Living programs can help. Some of the more common chronic diseases targeted by our Better Living programs include coronary artery disease, diabetes and osteoporosis. Through careful management of these conditions, you may enjoy better health, improved quality of life and reduced hospital admissions.
Our Better Living programs include health coaching which is tailored around individual health needs, such as:
|Diabetes||Cardiac health||Heart failure|
|Bone health||Mental health||Vascular health|
|Lung health||Cancer Care||Weight Management|
We work with specialist clinical providers such as registered nurses, physiotherapists, psychologists, occupational therapists or mental health nurses to deliver these phone-based and virtual self-management programs. Our Better Living programs focus on education to help you make better decisions about lifestyle and disease management. They cover everything from early symptom recognition to future health goals. Find out more about CBHS Better Living here.
Eligibility: Any member who has a hospital or packaged cover and have served the 2 month waiting period.
Hospital Substitute Treatment (HST)
Recover where you feel most comfortable. Our Hospital Substitute Treatment (HST) program gives you access to registered nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists or mental health nurses while you’re recovering in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Your doctor must approve the HST as being clinically appropriate. Dependent on your individual assessment you may also be able to access home-based care services, including domestic help or meals as part of our Hospital substitution program. You can find out more about our HST by visiting this page.
Eligibility: Any member who has a hospital or package cover and the medical services to be provided are an appropriate substitute for the hospital treatment that would be fully covered under the member’s cover.
Best Doctors is an international network of over 50,000 top medical specialists, all acknowledged as leaders in their fields. The network was set up by the Harvard Medical School.
Ask Best Doctors for a free second opinion and recommended treatment options for any injury, medical condition or illness. The service covers physical as well as mental health.
- Request a professional second opinion
- Receive recommended treatment options
- Ask questions about a specific health condition
- See a local specialist if you prefer
- Get confidential mental health treatment in your own home
Find out more about our Best Doctors service here.
Eligibility: All CBHS members with Prestige (Gold) cover.
CBHS Choice Network
The CBHS Choice Network is a group of health providers who have an agreement with us to reduce or eliminate the gap on specified dental and optical goods and services.
- Dental Choice Network - You can have a fully covered oral check-up, scale and clean and fluoride treatment by visiting one of the hundreds of providers in our Dental Choice Network. You can find out more about the selected preventative dental services or view the providers here.
- Optical Choice Network - You can buy new frames and lenses from an Optical Choice Network provider and have the costs covered by our generous benefits. Review the selected optical services and the full list of providers here.
Eligibility: All CBHS members with Extras cover.
We have established member-only discount offers with several health providers. Members are eligible for discounts with a number of leading providers. Discounts are available for new memberships, optical items such as frames and contact lenses and much more. Find out about current discounts here .
Eligibility: CBHS Membership or a specified level of cover such as Extras cover.
CBHS Wellness benefit
Our health checks and health management services are part of our promise to deliver great value and support you in your efforts to achieve wellbeing and fitness.
- Health Checks - Health checks include breast exams, bone density tests, skin cancer screening, bowel/prostate cancer screening and eye screenings
- Health Management - Health management programs that are covered include quit smoking, weight management, stress management and gym memberships/personal training.
Eligibility: CBHS Extras or package cover.