At CBHS we help you manage your health challenges. We believe in offering you the services, support and tools you need to live your best life.
Our Better Living Programs are available to support eligible members towards a healthier lifestyle. Each Better Living Program is subject to its own eligibility criteria.
Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility for a program.
Zucchini and corn fritters
Did you know us Aussies eat 3.8kg of these green fruits per person a year? Check out one of our tried and tested avocado recipes below.
6 servings | 10 serves of veg | 25m preparation | 20m cooking
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 small red capsicums, diced (put 1/3 aside for salsa)
- 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 2 spring onions, (including green tops),chopped
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese (80g)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- olive or canola oil spray Salsa
- 2 avocadoes, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Squeeze zucchini of excess liquid and place in a large bowl with 2/3 of the capsicum and the corn, spring onions, basil and cheese. Season with pepper.
- Sift flour over vegetables then mix to combine.
- Pour milk into a jug, add eggs and whisk together with a fork. Add to vegetables and stir well.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat and spray liberally with oil. Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture evenly spread around the pan and spread using the back of a spoon to 8cm diameter. Cook for 2 minutes or firm and golden. Flip and brown on reverse side for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, keep warm and repeat with remaining mixture.
- To make salsa, combine remaining capsicum with avocado, tomato, basil and lime in a medium-sized bowl.
- Divide salsa between plates and serve with a stack of 3 fritters each.
Health and wellbeing
programs & support
You Belong to More with CBHS Hospital cover:
- Greater choice over your health options including who treats you
- Get care at home with Hospital Substitute Treatment program
- Free health and wellbeing programs to support your health challenges
Live your healthiest, happiest life with CBHS Extras cover:
- Benefits for proactive health checks e.g. bone density tests, eye screenings
- Keep up your care with telehealth and digital options
- Save on dental and optical with CBHS Choice Network providers